The Families section is where you can control the family data. In this section you can do the following:
- Add, Edit or Delete a family
- Edit family last name
- Update household and user data including opt out preferences and directory access (go to Households to update data to multiple families in bulk)
- Review/Add Family Purchases
ADD a New Family
- Lets start off by manually adding a new family. Click on the Add New button on the top of this page.
- A new family ID will be generated.
- The system will then walk you through various pages to add the households, parents and students.
- Complete all of the necessary fields to complete this family profile.
- Below is how the Family information is displayed.
Edit an Existing Family
- Use your search tool to find the correct family, then click on the Edit button to go to the Family Profile.
Delete an Existing Family
- Select box next to the family you wish to delete.
- Click on Delete
Search for an Existing Family
- Use the search field in the upper right hand corner of this page to search for a family, student or parent.
- To do an advanced search, click on Settings Icon and select Show Search Panel from the drop down.
Now lets go over the tabs in the Family Profile. The Family detail screen allows you to make changes to a family's profile.
EDIT family last name
- Family Last Names are linked to all of your users
- Updating a students last name will automatically update the family last name
- Click on the Edit button to edit the Family Last Name, if necessary, to correct formatting (if you update this field, it will not automatically correct any spelling changes to the last name on the student or parent level).
- If a family has multiple last names, both will appear.
- Click the Edit icon on the household you need to update. A pop up will appear and allow you to edit each field.
- Move your mouse over the field and a Hide box will appear, giving you the ability to hide that portion of your data from the directory.
- You can also select Yes from the Opted Out field to hide the entire address from the directory.
- The Access to Directory Until field controls the households directory access. Click on the calendar icon to select your desired date.
ADDING HOUSEHOLDS (Divorced Families)
In circumstances where there are multiple households, you will need to add another household to a family. This is necessary if the parents are divorced or if there is another guardian for the student. Each household has the ability to update and verify their own data but cannot update the other households information.
- To do this, click the Add New Home button to add an additional home to your family.
- Once you have completed your unique households data, you will have a choice of buttons.
- Save & Add New Student - If you need to add a student to this household.
- Save & Add Another Household - if this is a multiple household family and need to add a third household (which would be very rare)
- Save & Close - if you are done adding households to this family
- Cancel - exit and do not save the household
- Check the box next to the edit button of the home you wish to delete.
- Click the Delete Household button.
The only time you will be deleting a household is if there is an extra household in the family. If you want to completely delete a family, this should be done on the main page of the Family Section.
- Check the box next to the edit icon on the main page of the Family Section.
- Now click Delete.
The student(s) tab will provide you a summary of your student information within that family. Below is an example of a student who has a divorced family and are linked to two households.
- Click the Edit icon on the student you need to update. A pop up will appear and allow you to edit each field.
- The Household(s) field is asking you to select what household this student should be linked to. Check all that apply or uncheck to remove the student from the household.
- The page will also give you the ability to hide certain data from the app. Move your mouse over the field and a Hide box will appear. Check the box of the fields you wish to hide.
- Remember to update the appropriate fields for the birthday, gender, grade and teacher information.
- The User Application Access section provides a students login credentials. As an admin, you can override the Login Name or Login Password or make the student inactive.
Add a student by clicking the Add New Student button and update the appropriate fields for that new student.
- Check the box next to the edit button of the student you wish to delete
- A pop up will appear asking you to confirm you want to delete this student from the database
- Click Yes
This tab provides you a summary of the parents linked to this family. You have the ability add, edit or delete parents in this family.
- Click the Edit icon on the parent you need to update. A pop up will appear and allow you to edit each field.
- Unlike the students section, you can only select one household. Select the appropriate household from the drop down.
- Allow School/PTA to email me is marked as YES by default. This means that this parent will receive important emails sent from the admins.
- Subscription to these School Emails lists is marked NO by default.
- The User Application Access section provides that parents login credentials to our software. As an admin, you can override the Login Name or Login Password or make the parent inactive.
- Add a new parent by clicking on the Add New Parent button. Update the appropriate fields for this new parent.
- Check the box next to the edit button of the parent you wish to delete.
- A pop up will appear asking you to confirm you want to delete this parent from the database. Click yes.
Other Users do not have to be linked to a household, however if they are they will be listed in this section of the Family's information
- Add an Other User to this family by clicking on the Add New OTHER button
- This user will now be linked to the family
This section allows you to view, edit or delete all products purchased by anyone in this family.
- If a user purchased a product through the software, that purchases details will be listed at this tab.
- The tab will also allow you to manually add a purchased item
- Click Add New Purchase to add the product
- A pop up will appear for you to complete the appropriate fields
- Household - Select the Household from the drop down this product should be linked to
- Date - Select the date this product was purchased
- Pay Method - Select from the drop down the payment type
- Payment Amount - Enter the amount paid
- Note - Add additional notes Example: Check #1234, paid partial credit card
- Purchased Product - Select from the drop down the product purchased (View the Products article that explains how to create a new product)
- Qty - Enter the quantity of products purchased (depending on your product settings, this may be limited)
- Price - This amount will populate based on the product selected and the price entered for that product
- Subtotal - Total based on the data entered for the product details
- Use the Search Families bar at the top of the page or Click the TOOL icon on the top of your page to expand the search panel.
- This allows you to search by Family ID or Family last name.