The Students section allows you to manage and update student information. We will go over a few of the most common uses below:
- Add, Edit or Delete students
- Verify total number of students
- Assign student to Teacher and/or Grade
- Assign Roles
- Manage User Application Access
Add, Edit or Delete Students
ADD A STUDENT
- On the main page of the Student section, click on Add New to add a new student. A pop up will appear for you to complete this students data. You can only add a student to an existing family from this page. If you want to add a student to a new family than you need to create the family first under People > Families.
- The first field is asking you to select a Family. Select from the drop down the Family this student should link to.
- Once you have selected a family, that family's households will generate in the Household field. Check off the appropriate household(s) for that student. NOTE: When adding a student under a divorced household, you'll need to link the child to the appropriate family or families to which they are associated with.
- Then update the remaining fields for the students data.
- REMEMBER to select from the drop down to choose the students grade or teacher (if applicable).
Please notice the notes in the Roles and User Application Access section.
- You must SAVE the New Student data, then go back in and Edit this parent to add the Roles (if applicable).
- You do not need to create a username and password for this student. Once you save, the system will automatically generate a random username and password.
As an admin, you can overide username and passwords.
EDIT A STUDENT
- Use the search bar at the top of the page or click the TOOL icon to expand the advanced Search Panel.
- Once you have located the student you want to update, click the Edit button.
DELETE A STUDENT
- Easily delete a student by checking the box next to the Edit button.
- Click the Delete button at the top of the page.
- A notification will appear to confirm you really want to delete this student. Click OK.
Verify Total Number of Students per Grade
- Using the Search Panel, select the appropriate grade. Then click Search.
- The results will show you the total of students per grade in the upper right hand corner.
Make sure all Students have a Grade and or Teacher
- To make sure all students have an associated Grade or Teacher, simply double click the Grade or Teacher column to sort.
- Student who are missing this information should pull to the top of your list.
- Update that student by clicking the Edit button to update their data.
Assign Students to Teachers and/or Grades in bulk
- Use the search panel to find the group of student you need to update in bulk.
- Select the students you need to update then click on the Update Selected button.
- A pop up will appear with the options to update the students data with a Grade or Teacher.
- Check the box next to the field(s) you want to update and the drop down will become available for you to select from the list.
- Now, click on the Update X Records and your data will be updated.
- For more detailed directions see Assign Teachers in Bulk Article
Use your search panel to find the student you wish to edit. Then click Edit. You will see the same pop up page when you created a New Student.
- At the bottom of the page is where you can now select a Role for your student.
- Click on assign this person a role.
- A new pop up will appear for you to complete the details of the Role.
- You will first need to select what this Role is Connected to. Select from the drop down.
- The example below, we selected Grades. Now the Specifically field will update with all of the Grades in the software.
- Choose the appropriate Grade. Any Roles linked to this Grade will now appear in the Role As field.
- Choose the Role and click SAVE.
- This will now take you back to the Edit Student page where you can now see the Role you just added for this student.
Manage User Application Access
As an admin, you control app access to all of your users. You can override username's and password's for students.
- Click the Edit button on the student you wish to update their login information
- At the bottom of the pop up page you will find this students username and password. You can't see their current password but you can override both their login and their password to anything you want (as long as the login name is not already being used in the system).