The Parents section allows you to manage and update parent information. Although you can do some of the same updates in the family section, the Parents section provides advanced search options and a better overview of Parent data.
You CANNOT change the Directory access date under Parents - that is controlled at the Household level so to change the Directory Access date you need to edit the Household.
Add, Edit or Delete Parents
ADD A PARENT
- On the main page of the Parent section, click on Add New to add a new parent. A pop up will appear for you to complete this parents data. You can only add a parent to an existing family from this page. If you want to add a parent to a new family than you need to create the family first under People > Families.
- The first field is asking you to select a Family. Select from the drop down the Family this parent should link to.
- Once you have selected a family, that family's households will generate in the Household field. Select the appropriate household for that parent. NOTE: These two fields are mandatory to successfully link the parent to a family.
- Then update the remaining fields for the parents data.
Please notice the notes in the Roles and User Application Access section.
- You must SAVE the New Parent data, then go back in and Edit this parent to add the Roles (if applicable).
- You do not need to create a username and password for this parent. Once you save, the system will automatically generate a random username and password.
As an admin, you can overide username and passwords.
EDIT A PARENT
- Use the search bar at the top of the page or click the TOOL icon to expand the advanced Search Panel.
- Once you have located the Parent you want to update, click the Edit button. REMEMBER TO SAVE WHEN YOU ARE DONE WITH YOUR UPDATES!
DELETE A PARENT
- Easily delete a parent by checking the box next to the Edit button.
- Click the Delete button at the top of the page.
- A notification will appear to confirm you really want to delete this parent. Click OK.
- Use your search panel to find the parent you wish to edit.
- Click Edit.
- You will see the same pop up page when you created a New Parent.
- At the bottom of the page is where you can now select a Role for your parent.
- Click on assign this person a role.
- A new pop up will appear for you to complete the details of the Role.
- You will first need to select what this Role is Connected to and select from the drop down.
- The example below, we selected Grades. Now the Specifically field will update with all of the Grades in the software.
- Choose the appropriate Grade. Any Roles linked to this Grade will now appear in the Role As field.
- Choose the Role and click SAVE.
- This will now take you back to the Edit Parent page where you can now see the Role you just added for this parent.
User Application Access
- On the Parent level, you can override the username and password for this user.
- Control the user access Active by selecting YES or NO.
SETTING UP A ROLE
HERE is a quick link on how to create a new Role.