Can Room Parents and Teachers send emails?
Yes! Adjust a few settings to the Room Parents and Teachers will give them the ability to send emails out to their groups and classes!
Granting Email access to Room Parents
- You must assign a parent as a room parent.
- Go to School Settings > Roles.
- Click on Add New
- Create the Role Name: Room Parent.
- Select Teachers from the Connected To drop down because this parent should be assigned to a teacher.
- Update a Role Description if you choose.
- Check the Can Email box to enable email privileges (This means any parent you assign as a room parent will have access to the email section to send their assigned class an email)
- Now that this Role has been created, click on the Role Users link to start assigning Room Parents to Teachers.
- This page will allow you to add parents to any teacher in the database. Click Add New.
- Select From is the type of person you are assigning to this role. This a parents role so select Parent from the drop.
- This Person field will not populate all of the parents from the database. Select the parent you are assigning to this role.
- The For field will list all of the teachers in the database. Select from the drop down which teacher the parent should be connected to.
- Click Save.
Granting Email access to Teachers
- Navigate to School Settings > Setup
- Click the Edit button to update your school settings
- Click on Staff Settings to update their email privileges
- Click Save when you are done