Promote & Graduate
Every year the database will need to be cleaned up for the upcoming school year. This includes promoting students to the next grade level and graduating the highest grade.
- To begin this process, you want to make sure the Grade Hierarchy is set up correctly.
- Manage the Grade Hierarchy by going to School Settings > Grades.
- Click the Edit button next to the grade to adjust the grade Hierarchy.
- Start the Grade Hierarchy at the lowest number for the lowest grade (Grade/Heirarchy: PreK/5, K /10, 1/15, 2 /20, etc).
- Increase the amount (we typically increase by 5 or 10) for the next grade level. The system does not know PreK goes to K so the promotion is based on hierarchy numbers.
- When you promote the students, the system will recognize the next highest number and move all of the students marked as hierarchy 5 will go to 10.
Promote & Graduate Students
- Click the START Promote & Graduate button on the top of the Grades page.
- Update the Mass Update Action if you want to promote, archive or ignore each grade.
- Click on FINISH Promote & Graduate.
- All of the students will be moved to the next grade level and the graduating class will be archived and can be located in the Clean Up section.
- Last Promoted On column will update with the promotion just performed.