Checklist for Online Only - No Advertisements
Please use this as a guideline to ensure your online directory is ready for the upcoming school year!
JANUARY - MARCH
- Sign agreement and return to AtoZ Connect.
- NEW SCHOOLS - Import data from previous year's directory with the AtoZ Import Template. AtoZ will do the import for you this first year!
APRIL - JUNE
- Work with your school or parent group to determine directory responsibilities for the upcoming school year. The directory chair(s) should consider taking an online training course to familiarize themselves with the software or (if they are returning) take a quick court as a refresher. Training Schedule & Video's
- Upload the AtoZ Connect widget to your parent group/school website. Widget Code
- Capture and import (manually or import) in the database, the name and email addresses for incoming kindergartners and new families.
- REMEMBER: Don's miss Kindergarten orientation! (March-May)
- For incoming Kindergartners (or the youngest grade in your school) - Assign them to an "incoming K" or similar grade to separate new students from the existing students in the database.
JULY - AUGUST
- Clean up database for the upcoming school year by completing the End of Year Admin Checklist (this checklist will appear at the bottom of the page).
- Determine if you will be using our software to track/collect PTA memberships, set up PayPal and create/update products. For membership products we strongly recommend creating a new product(s) every year and making the old product inactive. (this is reviewed during the End of Year Admin Checklist).
- Attend new student orientation to get new family data to add new students and transfers in the database (import or manually add).
- Finalize any school info to include in the directory (i.e. calendars, groups, organizations, events, mailing lists, etc).
- Update teachers and staff data (add or delete, add title, etc).
- Provide AtoZ the list of students to import (1 import a year) if your school provides this data. Data must be in the correct format.
- Turn Verification Wizard on.
- Send out test emails to 2-3 people and have them go through the Wizard to make sure all products are set up properly and everything else works as expected.
- Email all users in the database to have them verify their data via the Verification Wizard. We recommend providing a deadline for users to encourage them to verify their data sooner than later.
SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER
- Get updated class lists from school to compare data to ensure all students are in the database.
- Assign teachers to students.
- Send out another reminder to users via email/newsletter/backpack express to verify their data through the verification wizard (It's recommended to do this 3-4 times to ensure all users respond, and so that your directory is the most up-to-date).
- Review the dashboard for any areas that will need to be cleaned up before going to print if you produce a print directory (duplicate households, opt outs, parents without students, etc).
- Run the class roster and school listings report in the School Print Directory section of the software. Review and update software as needed.
- Celebrate completion of your directory!
NOVEMBER - DECEMBER
- Turn off Verification Wizard.
- Review directory access to ensure users have access or access is taken away based on your requirements.