How do I add a second household?
There are many reasons why a family has two households and one of the main reasons is a divorced family. The software allows you to set up two households under one family so the student can be linked to both mom and dad. Below are instructions on how to add a second household to your family:
- You can add a second household in the Verification Wizard (verify circle/tab) or by going to My Accounts > My Family Info from the menu bar if the wizard is complete.
- Once you are at the page below, click the Add Second Household button that is located in the upper right hand corner of the Households section.
- A pop-up page will give you an important message for you to review to ensure the second household is set up properly. If you are unsure on how to handle the second household, this pop-up page will provide the directory chair contact email so you can request the administrator to set this up for you.
- If you wish to continue with the second household set up, scroll down to complete the household information.
- Click Save to successfully add this household.
- Now, you will need to update the Parent information and associate them to the correct household.
- If this is an existing Parent, click the blue Edit button next to that parents name.
- Update the household field so they are associated to the right household.
- If this is a new Parent, click on Add Parent and assign them to the correct household. (NOTE: parents can only be assigned to ONE household)
- Next, move on to the Students section. Click on the blue Edit button next to each student.
- Check all of the households that the students should be linked to. Unlike the Parents information, students can be linked to more than one household so the system can associate parents and guardians to that student.
Once you have completed these steps, the other parent will be able to log in and confirm or update this information. Even though you added this information for the other parent, the next time you log in, you will only be able to view the second household data and will not be able to edit.