How do I apply cash or check payments?
Some payments are submitted as cash or check to your parent group or school that you may want to reflect on a families record. This also allows parent groups to identify and track members vs non-members even if you are not using the PayPal feature.
Creating a product
The first step is creating the product so you can apply the payment a parent submitted to your parent group or school.
- From the Menu bar, go to Store > Products.
- Click on Add New Product.
- Complete the mandatory fields to customize your product. (Check out Product Overview for a more details breakdown of each field)
- Click Save.
Applying a payment at the Families Page
- Navigate to People > Families.
- Search for the family that submitted a cash or check payment.
- Once you have located the family, click the edit button to the left.
- At the Families page, click on of the Purchases tab.
- Now, click on Add New Purchases.
- Complete the fields in the pop-up page to successfully add the payment.
- Household - Select from the drop down what household this payment should apply to (this will show multiple households if this is a divorced family)
- Date - Select the date the parent submitted their payment.
- Pay Method - Select Cash, Check, Credit Card or Not Tracking payment type.
- Payment Amount - Enter the amount paid.
- Notes - Add any additional information you want to add to this payment. (Example: enter check number, partial cash, etc)
- Purchase Details
- Purchased Products - Select the product from the drop down list which is polulated by the active products created at the Products page)
- Qty - Select the appropriate number of items purchased.
- Price - This field will populate based on the product and quantity selection.
- Subtotal - Final amount.
You can also view all payments including manual payments by going Store > Orders Details and export these results for your records and treasurer!