Not all data is perfect so it's important to double check that students and families are set up properly. One way to ensure data is set up correctly is to check for family duplicates. This article will go over how to check and update duplicate data. Let's get started...
- From the menu bar, go to People > Families.
- Click on the button at the very top, Check for Duplicates.
- The Families page will update and list all potential duplicates. Each line item displayed is a potential duplicate.
- Potential Duplicate Type - This column in red text will identify the potential duplicate.
- Potential Dup Family Value - This column in red text will provide the details of the potential duplicate.
- Potential Dup Family IDS - This will list the family IDS that are the potential duplicates.
- Click on the Potential Dup Family IDS to navigate to the clean up page for these potential duplicates.
- This page allows you to drag and drop data to easily move information over to the family that will remain in the database.
- Once changes have been made, delete the duplicate family by clicking on delete this family.
Repeat these steps until all duplicate families have been cleaned up. Check out the Families help article for more information on how to manage your families.